We think the wannaB inn is great, but don't take our word for it. Check out the five reasons you wanna be here from travel blogger Nanci Theoret.
1. Stay Your Way: Create your own island vacation experience by selecting among our one, two, and three bedroom cottage-style units, studios, villas, and nostalgic Florida "motel" accommodations along the Gulf of Mexico or Lemon Bay. Plan to experience our three Bs: Beach, Bay, and Boating.
2. Time Travel to Old Florida: Stay with us and you'll step back in time to an era before high-rise towers dominated much of Florida's coastline. Our buildings cling to their origins as fishing camps when life moved even slower than a lazy neap tide. The docks and boat ramps are still here and fishing remains a popular activity as former child guests return with their children and grand children.
3. The Beach Is Always In Reach: The wannaB inn offers beachfront cabanas and sitting areas poised to our 900 feet of sand, sea, and surf.
4. Treasures from the Sea: Take a bite out of the sea by searching the shore for ancient sharks' teeth and shells deposited daily by the surf rolling along a prehistoric sea bed just off the coast.
5. Animal Magnetism: A dawn or dusk beach visit increases your chances of spotting dolphins feeding and frolicking in the Gulf. Manatees, Florida's beloved sea cows prefer the warmer water of the bay near our docks.